Solar power can save home owners and business owners quite a bit of money. Aside from federal aid opportunities, those who install solar panels can enjoy the benefit of a reduced utility bill, and a quality system can even increase the value of your home. How much you end up saving depends on factors such as the type of panels and system, how many hours of direct sunlight the panels are exposed to each day, local electricity rates, the size of property, and your overall usage.
It's estimated that the average family in the United States spends about $1,400 per year on electricity. You can get a quote from a few solar experts for a system on your property and calculate the anticipated cost then compare that with your current electricity spending to get an idea of your final cost savings. Many companies will help you calculate this estimate, too. Solar power is good for the environment in addition to your wallet. And here are some convincing reasons to invest in a solar power system sooner rather than later:
- The price of energy is not going down. Energy demands are increasing, and traditional energy resources are limited. As demand soars and supply diminishes, costs will continue to rise. Going for solar is beneficial because the supply for that energy—the sun—is abundant and won’t run out.
- Installation costs have improved dramatically, and prices for solar power systems have gone down. As solar continues to be perfected and refined, costs will also continue to go down. Experts in the solar market are experienced in installs and the mechanics of the systems and have the years to back their knowledge. They’re (both systems and installers) faster, better, and more efficient today.
- You can likely enjoy long-term subsidy benefits through solar power. As the US Government continues to prioritize cleaner energy resources, they’ll probably continue with incentives for home owners and business owners to make the switch. Plan on getting years of support for making an environmentally conscious change.
- Enjoy money savings each month on your energy bill. You may need a few years to pay for your system, but the cost savings from lower electricity bills will be noticeable. Use this saved money right now for fun or save it for future needs.
- Today’s solar panels require little upkeep, and they last a long time. Systems have come a long way from the first installations. One of the first solar buildings in the US is credited to the University of Delaware in 1973, called “Solar One.” Of course, solar technology dates back long before that, but since the 1973 application, systems have continued to improve quickly.
- Solar panels can increase the value of your home, especially if you install a high-quality system.
When it comes to solar power systems in Utah, Four Seasons Solar is your experienced expert with the knowledge and skillset to ensure a quality system is installed correctly on your property. Investing in a renewable resource is a smart choice in Utah.